- I don't have any good April Fool's Day satire for you. Sorry.
- Did you notice that my little site meter do-hickey rolled over 1,000? Cool, huh? And that's visits, not hits :)
- I managed to post every day in March, except one--and that was 'cause I had to go to a funeral. (One of those posts is sort of a cheat—it wasn’t posted until the next day and I changed the date—I still think it counts.) I'm going to try and keep up the once-a-day posting. I should try and be more pithy and succinct, but that probably won't happen.
- I am covered in spots (only from the torso to the neck). Itchy, ugly, quarter-sized, red spots. The origin of these spots? Unknown. I got them once at the end of my first year of grad school. They didn’t last long and they weren’t as itchy. I don’t see any point in going to the doctor, as she is only going to tell me what to call the spots (which has the word “rosacea” in it, as in “[blank] rosacea”) and say they usually go away on their own. Out damn spots. (It is not the nasty facial type of rosacea that makes you look like you’ve been drinking too much.)
- I am going swing dancing tonight, despite the fact that I’m exhausted. Exhausted because of my pseudo cold. Maybe I can dance it out.
- Did I mention that I’m itchy? Gross, isn’t it? Red spots creeping up my neck preclude wearing anything vaguely low-cut. Sexy!
- I probably have someone to watch the game with and HP may meet us after. I told her she should bring three eligible guys with her. I said if she found a guy ready to ditch the wedding reception to watch the Final Four she would have found Mr. Right.
- The other day I bought the album “Mechanical Kid” by Rachel Jacobs. I ordered it from her website and when it arrived there was a little handwritten note (in pink magic marker!) from Rachel herself thanking me and telling me that she would be doing a show in DC in June. Sweet, no? And, I recommend the CD. Driving, acoustical, lyrics-centric rock. A little angry, but that’s good. She obviously burned the CD herself. I think she did all the backing vocals too.
- I turned off all my profiles on all dating websites. Maybe I already mentioned this? I reserve the right to turn all profiles back on, pay JDate© and do whatever I damn well please, but for now, I’m taking a break. I’m sure life will be more peaceful this way.
- Grateful for: being very, very busy.
Friday, April 01, 2005
For no particular reason, today’s entry shall be in the form of a list.